Where do I begin?
DRE reports 'no laps left' and 'fuel not set'
Make sure you have initialized The DRE profile in Voice Attack so it runs every time you start Voice Attack with the DRE profile.
My Text-To-Speech voice does not sound anything like yours. Where can I get that or other great Synthetic voice packs?
Check out the free Windows hack to get Cortana voices
Check out our TTS Tip video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVGIV-kM_cc. The voice we’re using in our videos is Amy by Ivona: http://www.deskshare.com/text-to-speech-voices.aspx
Which units are supported by The DRE?
Is the Pro version needed to run The DRE, and are there any restrictions, like trial periods on the Free version?
The volume of DRE is low. How can I turn it up?
The fix is to turn up DRE relatively to the iRacing volume. This means turning down iRacing and then turning up the overall volume.
- Start Voice Attack
- Start an iRacing session, then alt+tab to the desktop.
- From here go to the system tray in the bottom right corner of the screen and find the speaker icon.
- Right click the speaker icon, and then select the “Open Volume Mixer”.
- Slide down the volume of iRacing (to eg. 25 – 40%)
- Make sure Voice Attack volume is at 100% and the TTS Volume in Voice Attack options is at 100%
- Turn up the overall gain/volume of your speakers. Do this either on the hardware turnknobs itself or left-clicking the Speaker icon in the system tray.
Can I use joystick and buttons keys in DRE?
It is possible to use both keyboard combinations and controller combinations.
However, Xbox controllers are not supported due to their requirements for the Voice Attack window to be in focus.
A third-party solution that converts controller button pushes into keyboard pushes: JoyToKey