If the speech recognition doesn’t catch a specific phrase or word, you can optimize it for these exact words or sentences:
- Go to Start and search for Start Speech Recognition.
- Right-click on the Speech bar on top of your window and click on Open Speech Dictionary.
- Here you can prevent a word from being detected or add a new word to optimize understanding.
- Eg. if it has a hard time understanding the word ‘garage’, you can add this as a new word by checking on Record a pronunciation upon Finish.
- Be sure to turn on listening in the Speech bar before pressing Record.
See also the Speech Recognition Guide on how to make DRE better understand you and execute your commands